Audiobookshelf JS heap out of memory

Hello! I’m a bit new to CasaOS, and am running into an issue with the big-bear-audiobookshelf container from the Big Bear app store. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

With a number of podcasts added to the library, I run into the below error when attempting to download additional or new episodes on several podcasts, each with a large number of episodes downloaded already.

FATAL ERROR: Ineffective mark-compacts near heap limit Allocation failed - JavaScript heap out of memory

I have tried increasing the memory limits for the application within CasaOS and have done some googling to try and find solutions, but to no avail.

Running CasaOS on LMDE with an i7-7700 and 32GB RAM.

Thanks!

For anyone else stumbling across this looking for a fix, in the settings adding an environmental variable where the key is “NODE_OPTIONS” and the value is “–max_old_space_size=8192” seems to fix the issue. I am now able to download new episodes without the heap memory error.

Awesome! Glad you were able to fix it! Thank you for letting future people know how as well!