How can I move just my next cloud data directory

I have 3 drives on my server 1 for Movies 1 for TV Shows and I want 1 for NextCloud I used the install from bugbear repo but how do I choose before install or move after to a different drive either option I don’t mind I have not done much with the install

You can mount a drive to the host path of the Nextcloud.

/DATA/AppData/big-bear-nextcloud/html

Here is a tutorial on doing this:

There no way without wiping the drive I have a 5TB drive full of files I want to add to nextcloud

Is the drive already ext4?

No NTFS was used on windows and formatted in windows

Step 1: Install NTFS-3G

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ntfs-3g

Step 2: Identify the Drive

Use the blkid command to find the UUID of your NTFS partition:

sudo blkid

Look for the partition you want to mount permanently and note its UUID. It will look something like UUID="XXXX-XXXX" for NTFS partitions.

Step 3: Edit /etc/fstab

You’ll add an entry to the /etc/fstab file so that your drive mounts automatically at boot.

Open /etc/fstab in a text editor with root privileges. You can use Nano or any other editor you’re comfortable with:

sudo nano /etc/fstab

Add the following line at the end of the file:

UUID=XXXX-XXXX /DATA/AppData/big-bear-nextcloud/html/data/[YOUR_USERNAME]/files ntfs-3g defaults,auto,users,rw,nofail,umask=000 0 0

Make sure to replace XXXX-XXXX with the UUID of your NTFS partition. Adjust the mount point (/DATA/AppData/big-bear-nextcloud/html/data/[YOUR_USERNAME]/files) if you chose a different location.

Replace the [YOUR_USERNAME] with your username like casaos by default.

Step 4: Test the fstab Entry

Before rebooting, test that your fstab entry is correct to avoid boot issues:

sudo mount -a

This command attempts to mount all filesystems specified in /etc/fstab. If there are no errors, your command line will simply return to the prompt.

Step 5: Scan for files

docker exec -u www-data nextcloud php /var/www/html/occ files:scan --path="[YOUR_USERNAME]/files"

This should get you moved.

1 Like

this is what I needed it worked great thanks so much

Awesome! Glad you got it working! Feel free to post another thread if you have anymore questions!