Installing Cloudflare Tunnels on Proxmox Via Cloudflared LXC - Network Error

Hi there,

i’m new to Proxmox and after following the YouTube Tutorial from [Novaspirit Tech] 5 Things I Would Do On Fresh Install Of ProxMox (youtube.com) i quickly switched to the Cloudflare LXC Tutorial from BigBear Step-by-Step Guide: Installing Cloudflare Tunnels on Proxmox (youtube.com). After typing in the command from the video, the installation starts but it fails into a network error.

/ / / __ / / / / _________ / /
/ / / / __ / / / / __ / /
/ / __ `/ / _ / __ /
/ /
/ / /
/ / /
/ / /
/ / __/ / /
/ / / / __/ /
/ /
_
/
/_/_,/_,// //_,// ___/_,/

Using Default Settings
Using Distribution: debian
Using debian Version: 12
Using Container Type: 1
Using Root Password: Automatic Login
Using Container ID: 101
Using Hostname: cloudflared
Using Disk Size: 2GB
Allocated Cores 1
Allocated Ram 512
Using Bridge: vmbr0
Using Static IP Address: dhcp
Using Gateway IP Address: Default
Using Apt-Cacher IP Address: Default
Disable IPv6: No
Using Interface MTU Size: Default
Using DNS Search Domain: Host
Using DNS Server Address: Host
Using MAC Address: Default
Using VLAN Tag: Default
Enable Root SSH Access: No
Enable Verbose Mode: No
Creating a Cloudflared LXC using the above default settings
✓ Using local for Template Storage.
✓ Using ssd for Container Storage.
✓ Updated LXC Template List
✓ LXC Container 101 was successfully created.
✓ Started LXC Container
-✗ No Network! ntainer OS
✗ No Network After 10 Tries
🖧 Check Network Settings

It’s a clean Proxmox install. I don’t know if i have to do some network stuff before doing this. Ping and nslookup to github ist working.

The installation fails but the “container” is build. But i need credentials to log in. (I think it’s the problem some guys are commenting under the video in the last months)

Someone an idea how to fix it?

Awesome, glad you found the video. Here are some steps to check:.

1. Verify Network Bridge Configuration: Ensure that your Proxmox host’s network bridge (vmbr0, as per your setup) is correctly configured. This bridge should be associated with a working physical network interface. You can check and edit the network settings in Proxmox VE through the “System” > “Network” section in the Proxmox web interface.

2. Container Network Configuration: Since your container is set to use DHCP for obtaining an IP address, ensure that there is a DHCP server running in your network that can serve IP addresses to your container. If you are unsure, you can temporarily set a static IP for the container that matches your network’s configuration to test connectivity.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.

I’m a dummy. My Proxmox test lab is on my test network. It has DHCP disabled. After you wrote it down I immediately thought of that. After enabling DHCP on the test network it works fine.

1 Like