Pterodactyl on CasaOS

Wings :

Copyright © 2018 - 2023 Dane Everitt & Contributors
Source: GitHub - pterodactyl/wings: The server control plane for Pterodactyl Panel. Written from the ground-up with security, speed, and stability in mind.
License: https://github.com/pterodactyl/wings/blob/develop/LICENSE
This software is made available under the terms of the MIT license.
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included
in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
INFO: [Nov 7 17:17:29.271] loading configuration from file config_file=/etc/pterodactyl/config.yml
INFO: [Nov 7 17:17:29.271] configured wings with system timezone timezone=UTC
INFO: [Nov 7 17:17:29.271] configured system user successfully gid=988 uid=988 username=pterodactyl
INFO: [Nov 7 17:17:29.273] fetching list of servers from API
INFO: [Nov 7 17:17:29.430] processing servers returned by the API total_configs=0
INFO: [Nov 7 17:17:29.430] finished processing server configurations duration=220.697µs
INFO: [Nov 7 17:17:29.432] creating missing pterodactyl0 interface, this could take a few seconds…
FATAL: [Nov 7 17:17:29.433] failed to configure docker environment error=Error
response from daemon: Pool overlaps with other one on this address space
Stacktrace:
Error response from daemon: Pool overlaps with other one on this address space

On Panel:

Is everything running. No errors

Troubleshooting Docker Network Conflicts

Step 1: List Existing Docker Networks

Run the following command to list all existing Docker networks:

docker network ls

This command will display all networks currently managed by Docker. Look for any networks that might be conflicting with the pterodactyl0 network.

Step 2: Inspect Conflicting Networks

To get more details about a specific network (for example, bridge or any custom network), use:

docker network inspect [network_name]

Replace [network_name] with the actual name of the network you want to inspect. Look for the Subnet configuration under the IPAM section.

Step 3: Remove or Reconfigure Conflicting Networks

If you find a network that you believe is causing the conflict and it’s safe to remove (i.e., it’s not in use by other critical containers), you can remove it with:

docker network rm [network_name]

If you need to keep the network, consider reconfiguring it to use a different subnet that doesn’t conflict with what Pterodactyl requires.

Step 4: Adjust Pterodactyl Network Configuration

If Pterodactyl is configured to use a specific subnet that is causing the conflict, adjust the configuration to use a different subnet. This is typically done in the Pterodactyl configuration files.

Step 5: Restart Docker Service

Sometimes, simply restarting the Docker service can resolve temporary network conflicts. Use the following command to restart Docker:

sudo systemctl restart docker

Step 6: Check System Network Configuration

Ensure there are no conflicts with the host system’s network configuration. Check for static IP assignments and other services that may interfere with Docker’s networking.

Step 7: Docker Network Prune (Caution Advised)

If there are no important containers running and you want to clean up all unused networks, you can use the following command:

docker network prune

Be very cautious with this command, as it will remove all networks not used by at least one container.

I made it running. I was having old pterodactyl docker inside. Thanks a lot

Awesome glad you got it running :slight_smile:

Did you install Docker with snap?

I have installed docker with Ubunto install usb. I did just ran your script, it says, that everything is comunicating.

Did just reboot, gonna test tomorrow. Thanks for now.

First line says, docker is not installed via snap.

Ok fixed it.

1 Like

The data should be in /DATA/AppData/*

Thanks that also fixed it for me, by default it was
/DATA/AppData/big-bear-pterodactyl-wings/lib - /var/lib/pterodactyl

Is there a way of hiding these now when I create servers?

Looks like you cant hide it.

I was then having problems with bind to tcp4 192.168.1.x, and only “sponge” minecraft was working.
Dont know why Vanilla and others dont auto download. “Your server is in failed condition, please remove and re-create server”

Hm interesting, installing pterodactyl on a seperate vm is deffo a better option. I have tested that but it uses more resources than when I add it into casaos.
So for now since we can’t hide it, I have set it to the weburl of the server. And gave it a logo. I guess it’s okay this way.
Do you have any idea what rebuilding or exporting as compose will have as effect on it? Will it brick it?

I try to rebuild it. Pterodactyl did just make a new one, when you start server.

Hm I changed this yesterday and the server I created was able to find it’s files after this change.
But now when I create a new server, it fails every time. I gave it a few minutes but the installation state remains active and I don’t get the option to toggle the status away.

However, the server seems to be working.

I just can’t really manage it’s settings or files now bc of the installation status.

This server is in a failed install state and cannot be recovered. Please delete and re-create the server.
I have added the volume /DATA/AppData/big-bear-pterodactyl-wings/lib - /var/lib/pterodactyl again that I changed yesterday to fix the server finding it’s files. But the issue remains.

EDIT:
I remembered to have changed the node name. I did copy paste the config for wings again and it’s working again.
However, like yesterday when it was working, the install status never ends. I need to go and click Toggle install status. Do you experience the same?

EDIT 2:
Sorry hahaha I left it at that status and now it’s back to failed state and I can’t get access to the toggle anymore. Idk if other people also experience this and if the solution is to use the toggle as soon as it appears and not wait for it to time out or smt?

I’ve never seen a way to hide the apps that are legacy.

Still have this on my todo list to look into. Just have to find some time.

Soo did you manage to figure it out because am at the same issue as shown here… stays stuck at installing stage

Hello, i can´t login into pterodactyl panel, how i can create the user and password or what is the default credentials

Did you run this script?