Request: Scheduling and appointments app

Hi, I’ve been looking around at a scheduling app for appointments and have come across two that seems to be pretty good.

Cal.com (that’s the name) has scheduling and appointment app that appears to be the most popular one out there. I couldn’t get it to work because of this "localhost’ issue that seems to appear often for users self hosting. It seems like when accessing it remotely it uses localhost, which from my understanding would only work if you’re using it from the machine you installed it on?

Next runner up is Rallly at Docker Compose - Rallly. It seems to be pretty good but not as robust as cal.com, if one can get it up and running.

Thanks for reading and as always, I appreciate your hard work!

edit: I restarted everything and got around the localhost issue, so I take back what I said about that, fwiw.

Are you wanting to do a PR for cal.com?

I’ve never done that before and I’m not sure if the error was with cal.com or just me and the other users. It seems like whatever url you use the first time is what it’s set to, I tried pruning the docker system and I still couldn’t change the localhost address, I had to restore a backup of the VM. But again, it could be I just didn’t do something right as not everyone has the issue only a few people afaik. I hope I understood your question right.

No worries I’ll put it on the to-do list to look into it more. I was meaning that if you get Docker Compose running, then you can submit a pull request.

Rallly has been added:

Sweet, thanks! I couldn’t get over the hump for Rallly because of needing an smtp server, but you handled that nicely too!