Adding Kiwix for CasaOS

Good afternoon, I am new(er) to Linux and have created a couple of servers, one of which is a CASAOS build on a Raspberry Pi 5. I would like to install Kiwix on the server but the app is not on any of the repositories. I tried adding it through the system, but have had no luck whatsoever. Is there anyone who would be willing to put something together for the repository? Or, is there someone out there that has successfully installed it on CasaOS that would be willing to share the steps? Thank you.

1 Like

I have trying to install kiwix for days and still haven’t succeeded. I also need help

@Falstaff @imrmayc Thank you for the suggestion. Can you give links and more info on what this is used for?

1 Like

“Kiwix is an offline reader for online content like Wikipedia, Project Gutenberg, or TED Talks. It makes knowledge available to people with no or limited internet access. The software as well as the content is free to use for anyone.”
Official website: Explore Offline Wikipedia and Educational Content with Kiwix- Kiwix

Thank you for more info. Looks like you need kiwix serve to host the .zim files.

1 Like

@Falstaff @imrmayc This has been added, and it’s fully tested.

Man, you`re amazing! Thank you!!!

Thank you and glad I could help. I added a script to make it easy to download the .zim files as well:

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help.

1 Like