Added Nextcloud to BigBearCasaOS

About

Nextcloud puts your data at your fingertips and under your control. Store your documents, calendar, contacts, and photos on a server at home, at one of our providers, or in a data center you trust.

App Store

Instructions

Nextcloud requires you to add a trust domain, and I made a script to easily add your LAN IP to the config.php.

bash -c "$(wget -qLO - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bigbeartechworld/big-bear-scripts/master/casaos-add-lan-ip-to-nextcloud-config/run.sh)"

Instructions for ZimaOS

1. Open the files app.

2. Go to /DATA/AppData/big-bear-nextcloud/html/config/config.php

3. Replace

'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'localhost',
  ),
  1. with
'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'localhost',
    1 => '[YOUR_ZIMA_OS_IP]',
  ),
  1. Restart the Nextcloud app.

Pls show me the way how can I update the new version. It is better if web updater button is available. But now just download button appears. Here is the update available notification screen shot.

Thanks for your effort.

You should get automatic updates from BigBearCasaOS.

1 Like

root@5d564091436a:/var/www/html# sudo -u www-data php occ app:update

Warning: Failed to set memory limit to 0 bytes (Current memory usage is 2097152 bytes) in Unknown on line 0
The current PHP memory limit is below the recommended value of 512MB.
How can I eliminate this error?

You can set environment variables:

environment:
  - PHP_MEMORY_LIMIT=1024M
  - PHP_UPLOAD_LIMIT=1024M

You can set it in the app settings in CasaOS.

1 Like

Loved the vid, it got me really started with my own homeserver.
There just seems to be a problem with the cron docker? ( or i might of messed something up in the configs).
I keep getting:

one of these errors regarding what i put in the field for overwrite.cli.url in the config.
localhost:7580 → libcurl err 7
X.Y-Z.ts.net (it’s domain in my tailscale net) → libcurl error 6
comment the line out → libcurl error 3

any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

PS.
The auto update feature that @Smart_Sync was asking after just works if you wait a day or 2 and then press the check then install button on the casaos homepage.

Awesome! Glad to hear!

Localhost is not going to work in a docker container since it’s isolated. ts.net is not going to work in the Docker container because the Docker container is not using the Tailscale network.

Could I get more information on your environment variables and what you have changed?

Now that you said that i feel dumb. :sweat_smile:.

I found the problem.
I had turned on the internal CODA server via de admin panel. This was the part that was throwing the errors.
So i “fixed” it by disabling CODA.
But i saw someone else on here with a same-ish question for a video idea.
I guess i’m gonna wait till that vid comes out.

thank you for the explanation!

I’m seeing this log thousands of times in the db-nextcloud logs
db-nextcloud | 2024-04-20 15:25:17.563 UTC [2904] FATAL: database "casaos" does not exist

The only thing I can see in the compose file that this might be referring to is pg_isready -U casaos in the healthcheck section. From what I understand, db-nextcloud is pinging for a database called ‘casaos’ over and over without a resolution. I am correct in this thought process? Is this error causing any issues in my instance?

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. I did push an update for it:

Great video! you’re really helping get my home server set up! When i try to run the script i get this error

sudo bash -c "$(wget -qLO - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bigbeartechworld/big-bear-scripts/master/casaos-add-lan-ip-to-nextcloud-config/run.sh)"
Segmentation fault

Apparently the ‘segmentation fault’ didn’t have any affect on the installation and I was able to open Nextcloud just fine.

However, I need my main data folder to reside on an external disk and I have no idea how to set that up. Is there a way to configure this during setup because trying to do it after setup seems like a major pain.

Thank you! That’s awesome to hear glad I could help get you started.

Could you try to run this:

sudo bash -c "$(wget -LO - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bigbeartechworld/big-bear-scripts/master/casaos-add-lan-ip-to-nextcloud-config/run.sh)"

Might give us more info.

You can check out this tutorial: